View Single Post
Old
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
1st Bolded part: In the few chances i have had to watch him play, his decision making with the puck in the offensive zone seemed very good. Maybe he tried too hard/fancy passes or shots from bad places, but that was by no means "hasty" or "nervous". I'd say it's more of a maturity thing, like with Vatanen a few years ago.

2nd Bolded part: Hmmm.. Really? IMO his skating was technically very good, and seemed to be very agile guy for his size. Skating technique was smooth i'd say, but he didn't seem to have that immediate burst of acceleration/speed. Nyt tuli kielimuuri väliin, mutta kundilla sotkeutu jalat toisiinsa ja tuntu jotenkin koordinaatio olevan hukassa välillä. The problem was IMO not in the skating technique, but in his physique. (like you kind of said)

Biggest problem is his defensive awareness/positioning. I'm not worried about that, because he seems to have pretty good hockey sense and with tougher opponents he'll learn that eventually.

Just my 2 cents.

Very nice to hear other peoples opinions about these youngsters! Keep 'em coming!
You're right Ristolainen is a very smooth skater, Barkov's skating is bit clumsy.