View Single Post
Old
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Flylotus

vCash: 500
I presume some of you guys are coaches or have been at different levels. If so, you guys know how hard it is to keep everyone happy at all times with the use we make of them.

There is always going to be these kind of stories, wether we hear about it or not. In this case, it's getting out of proportions because... well because it's the NHL and it's Montreal.

Nonetheless, concerning Andrei, his numbers and his line-changing over the course of last season, we should remember that there is a lot of things we don't know, such as his attitude towards his linemates, the rest of the team, the coaching staff, his will to work, his ability to accept criticism, his recognition of what could be the problems with his play, since there are obvious problems with his play even though he's talented. All these factors can weigh a lot in a staff decision to move him to the 3rd line and not another player who has similar numbers or less.

Also, I'd like to point out that in teams sports, as a fellow player and as a coach, I hate with my guts players that tend to think it's all about them. I know it happens a lot in professional sports, but we seldom see it as much on successful teams where the collective is more important than one's satisfaction with its personal use. This is exactly why a coach is needed, and nobody seems to disagree on this.

Flylotus is offline   Reply With Quote