View Single Post
Old
08-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I've seen you reference this a couple times now, do you have a link or some kind of proof that shows how Gagner tested at the combine?
Check out IATL's post that I quoted below. IIRC I read it somewhere as well. IIRC he did a solitary pushup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
OK , you have reasons . Thank you for sharing those with me . I didn't watch the combines much but I did hear that RNH could only do twenty six pushups . That's less than half of what I can do .... and screams weak to me .
I do have some faith in the Oiler scouts and agree that they must be convinced RNH will develop more/faster physically than Gagner has . Were it not so they would be repeating a mistake , right ?

I already said why I think he will not initially be any stronger than Gagner . Gagner didn't have trouble with physical weakness in junior - even at WJC . RNH was getting bodied off the puck at will in the red/white game . You saw that right ?
I did not catch the Red/White games, however it was said that he either had or was just getting over the flu, either way that will usually take the wind out of anyone's sails. I'll defer to your opinion on that. Also this is a different head scout than what was here when we picked Gagner. Eberle was on his watch and he's pretty strong for a smaller guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Hopkins did eight reps on the bench press.

Pretty sure Gagner did either one or zero. I think it was zero tbh.

If you go to youtube and search you will find a video of Gagner and another guy going through the different stations. It was a promo for some training academy. It showed the other guy do some reps on the bench but the Gagner footage was conspicuously absent.

Hopkins is stronger than Gagner, both in strength and on his skates. Yet he is four years younger.

Last edited by Bryanbryoil: 08-11-2011 at 11:56 PM.