View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Great stuff RB and Id love to make this trade.

The only downside I see, and correct me if I am wrong, is that AK is more of a natrual RW than LW? We have plenty of RW's as it is, and while I know that he has played some on the left side, is he really 100% comfortable there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Much better all around but doesn't have the high end potential that Wolski does.

I'm still extremely intrigued when it comes to Wolski this season. I'm not naive enough to say I expect a big season, but I wouldn't be surprised.
You know what, I was also about to write that Wolski has more upside while Andrei Kostitsyn is a better fit for us. But thinking it true, I think I changed my mind on that.

Kostitsyn is a very talented player. Sure he has some flaws, but he is a very good shooter and moves the puck well.

But we really has a roster to get out like 150% from a player like that. Like he would be backed by a ton of hard working players, and only really face competition from Gabby in terms of being that offensive sniper type.

Players like him in a position like that can sometimes explode in terms of production. It wouldn't be the first time someone as talented as him got like 90 pts or something nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I don't get all the W2 hate. Everything I've seen about him this offseason has been him saying he knows he sucked and talking about all the things he's doing to make sure he doesn't suck again. We know the potential is there, and he seems to realize he needs to work hard to reach it again. I'm excited to see how him play this year for the Rangers.
I actually don't think there is much hate for him, and while I wouldn't dispute that he have talent -- I think you gotta question how much talent he have and how much potential he have.

He has slick hands. He is strong. He has a decent shot. He can move the puck.

But at the same time, he is born and stuck with slow and heavy feets. He can improve his skating, but will never be the type that flyies all over the ice. And he will never be the type who is dominant in the offensive zone with his raw talent.

If he improves all over, gains confidence, ends up in the right environment, yes, he has potential and could put up good numbers. I think thats true. But there are alot of buts.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote