View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 08:04 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I don't think the Leafs would be greatly better with another coach, RW isn't ruining their development. I don't think another coach would have been worth firing and paying RW $800 000 or whatever he makes. They were always going to be on the outside looking in, so no point in bringing in a young unknown coach at that point.

If I was Burke, from a hockey & GM standpoint, I would have probably kept him as well because the other options were not that much better for a losing squad. But I almost guarantee he doesn't get extended unless he makes the playoffs this year.

Leafs only improving to 9thish place is Burke's fault but it will be the perfect time to use RW as the scapegoat and make your first coaching change.
Well this is Ronnie's last chance to see if he can perform well, ever since he coached the numbers on the pp and pk have been always in the bottom 10. This year Burkie fired those long time assistant coaches and replaced them with new ones. If Wilson fails at making the playoffs he's done.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote