View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Baggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
I think part of it is having that Gagner stigma guy shows great in first season, huge expectations the next.

I really wish this team had a St. Louis who is bringing along Stamkos. However, this team is still building for the future imo and there's going to be bumps along the way regardless if hes here this year, or 2 years from now.
That's what Smytty is on the team for. Let's just hope he's not teaching Hall and RNH to block 100 mph shots with his face.

And for all the chatter about Gagner vs. RNH on the bench press.

Who cares?

Since when is bench press a translatable hockey skill? Players get tested when they're 18 years old. Not all players physically mature at the same rate. When I was 18 I could rep 220 lbs. My neighbour who was a year younger than me benched a lot less.

My neighbour? He went on to be an NHL goon. Truth be told, he was a lot stronger and tougher than me back then as well, I just had a better bench press.

Long story short, testing an 18 year old on the bench press for how strong they are on the ice is less than useless. And, even though it makes no difference as to what both players turn into, Gagner was definitely stronger in junior than RNH is.