View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Seth, is Andrei the one that can bring the puck into the zone and distribute it on that line? If not, I see a lot of Hornqvist/Fisher shooting the puck into the goalie's chest just inside the blueline in that dream. I also see a lot of Sergei and Leggy passing back and forth to each other as Erat plays ring-around-the-goalie before they all fall down with that second line.

lol

Just yanking your chain.

If the Kostitsyn brothers can co-exist without creating a toxic atmosphere in the locker room, Andrei's physicality and shoot-first mentality would be a good fit.
That's why I paired him with Hornqvist (to rebound, Patric needs more shots on goal from his line), but as you said...is Fisher the right center? I don't know...

I liked the combination of Erat-Legwand-Kostitsyn that we saw in the playoffs last year and my other option (pending a training camp
turnaround by a young player) would be putting Wilson up with Fisher and A. Kostitsyn to serve as the playmaker and moving Hornqvist down to the 3rd scoring line (ie: 4th line) with O'Reilly and Bergfors to serve as the playmaker and shooter respectively.

A lot will be determined in camp, but adding A. Kostitsyn to the mix certainly opens up a lot more possibilities....

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote