View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
azrok22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Wolski has shown he is putting a LOT of effort into his game this offseason, that plus the sweet hands this kid has makes me lean towards holding onto him.
Are some people under the impression that NHLers spend all summer on the beach sipping margaritas and don't worry about hockey until training camp?

Every single NHL player, from Sidney Crosby all the way down to Paul Bisonnotte spends a significant portion of the summer working out in preparation for the next year. Some players do it with Gary Roberts, others with Barb Underhill, and others with other notable hockey figures or their own personal trainers. Regardless, they all are doing it.

I think we really need to back away from giving a guy like Wolski credit for doing exactly what he should be doing.

Maybe Wolski shows up for camp with a summer improvement similar to Boyle made last year. If he does, then he deserves the credit. Believe me, I'd be thrilled if that was the case. However, doing exactly what is expected of a professional athlete does not warrant accolades, imo.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote