Old
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
Yes probably 10+ hours of skating.

Yes you should trim the orthos to fit your skates. Afterall, You paid to have CUSTOM footbeds, I don't even know why you would use generic ones after that. Unless maybe you are using them in your ski boots or shoes and don't want to trim them for that reason?

You will probably want to bake your skates again now that you have the custom orthos, as your foot will sit differently in the skate than it did before. Don't bake the skates with the orthos in there, or you might ruin them. Bake the skates, THEN put the orthos in. Then lace them up. Most skates can be baked more than once, but you probably shouldn't go more than 3x. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. The reason why I don't want to stick my orthotics in the skates is because I'm currently in China - and will be there for another 3 to 4 months. They don't offer any skate baking services here, so I thought I should just stick with the insoles I got. I heard about people baking their skates at home, but I honestly don't want to take that risk because getting my skates alone was already a big pain in the ass since they don't sell skates here.

Would you recommend baking it again after 3-4 months though? I should be back in Vancouver by then.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote