View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
As you know I am not a Pouliot fan and I think Brendan Leipsic should be a bit higher, but overall great list.
Fair enough.

I'm a big fan of Pouliot, actually. I personally think that with a lesser team, he would likely be able to show off his talent a little bit more, and thus likely improve his draft stock. He gets buried a bit, and as a whole, that Portland team can struggle in their own end at times. While he is a developing player in his own end, I definitely don't think he's as bad as some people have made him out to be.

If Brendan Leipsic has a big year, there's no question that he could move up the list. It was hard to put him ahead of Bourke or Severson at this point though, and there's no way you can put him with any of Murray, Reinhart, Dumba, Rielly, or Pouliot ... he simply hasn't had the same success. I'm a huge fan of Leipsic though, he's a real competitor for a little guy, and really stands out on that team of big, lumbering forwards. He could have a similar year to the one Tyler Ennis had in his draft year, wouldn't surprise me at all. He scored some huge goals for them last year, really seemed to step his game up when it mattered most.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote