View Single Post
Old
08-12-2011, 11:06 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2011-2012 season Thread

We're getting close so I thought I'd start this up since most other teams have already done so.

Going by the roster listed on the Ranger website, I'll put together how the lines could/should look to start the season.

1st line: Francisco - Marcantuoni - Rieder

2nd Line: Thomson - Catenacci - Crescenzi

3rd Line: Lorentz - Faksa - Ming

4th Line: Pederson - Sterk - Lesway

I see the 1st line as our top three offensive players at their positions. MM and Toby have spent some time together already last year and Francisco, I believe, will be given every opportunity to live up to the potential that he had coming into the league.

We have too many centermen so a couple of them will have to be moved to the wing. I chose AC and Zach.

AC is in his last year and as an OHL vet and NHL signed player, there is no way he spends the season centering the 3rd line - especially on a rebuilding team. It just can't happen. To play on this team's top six this year, he'll have to be moved to the wing. If that dosen't work out, then I can see him dealt for the same reason that Ryan Ramsay was a few years ago. Vet Ramsay was too good to play 3rd line behind Roy and Richards and we needed the winger (Campbell).

Moving AC to the wing allows Faksa to center the 3rd line where he should be. I don't believe that Spott will take import Faksa and play him out of his position on the wing and with his potential, he's too good to play on the 4th line. He'll be familiarizing himself with the North American game and way of life, schooling, etc, and won't need to play a different position as well.

I think that Sterk should get the opportunity to center the 4th line which would allow Zach to graduate to the 3rd line. He shouldn't have much trouble playing there with his style of play.

Also, with Fanelli still on the roster, I believe we're going to see him at training camp. There is nothing being said right now likely because the team doesn't want a media circus started until the last possible moment. IMO, I think he plays on our blueline this season.

Bottom line though, is that our team is very young with only four players (AC, Cat, Melch, and JJ) playing their "last season". This is a total rebuilding season IMO and a finish in the bottom half of the schedule is in the cards. I think we finish anywhere from 5th to 8th in the conference - the way we sit now.

EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote