View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
If you're whole team has to slow down for you... I don't know if any team would want to play with you.

Unless they need spot fillers to meet league fees, which luckily for you most beer leaguers require.

At the end of the day, skate as a team. Bust your ass to join the rush; and don't complain that your teammates don't pass to you because you're always behind on the play when the onus is on you to join; because the opposing defense is not going to wait for you.

That's why in MOST cases in hockey; player who don't skate... or choose to coast into offensive/defensive plays usually get *****ed at. (yes, even at beer league). That's the reality of the game.
Actually, I'm speaking as the guy that is almost always leading the rush, gaining the zone, and then setting up the offense. Nice assumption though. You obviously don't watch much hockey if you think players don't slow up and allow their team to catch up and get into the play, ESPECIALLY at the NHL level. It happens CONSTANTLY. Patrick Kane has made a living of doing just that in his first 4 seasons. I'd actually argue the exact opposite point of yours. Guys that DON'T know how to delay, wait for the trailer, and setup the offense, are the guys that don't have very good careers in the NHL. Pretty much every superstar in the NHL knows how to slow the play down and wait for his offense to catch up.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote