View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 02:02 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Zanon = gone almost 90% sure of that. His biggest asset is that he is a shot blocking machine who doesn't ever miss games.

Bouchard = If they can get a good offer, gone. Health injuries and the price he's at, he can be replaced with what would be coming up

Lats = If he is lazy this year, Gone

Brodziak = I think he's staying to be honest...they'll just wait until Cullen's contract is up and that is whent he big Center shakeup will happen

Nystrom = gone

Wellman = most likely will be gone. I'm not impressed outside of speed and his backchecking.

Harding = Gone

And we still have Leighton (spelling?) in Sweden that wants to come over but will only play in the NHL because of his stints in the AHL already. From the Boston folks, he could be a 20-30 goal scorer as well
It's Lehtonen. Isn't he playing in the KHL or something now?

Bouchard is relatively untradeable. He's one bad hit away from an early career end. While he's certainly a valuable player to have, his contract and injury history mean he'll be with the Wild through his current contract, or at least until there's only a year left on it.

The reason Brodziak is unlikely to be kept around is Granlund. Since it seems we'll have Cullen through his contract (he's happy here and has an NTC) we need room in the top 6 for Granlund. Koivu, Heater, Gooch, and Bouchard are sticking around at least until next year, so unless Latendresse is moved or not retained, Brodziak is probably gone. He could garner fair value at the trade deadline, so unless management is convinced no one in Houston can fill an opening, I think he's gone at the trade deadline when we can still get something for him.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote