View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 11:29 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
People put too much stock in where in the line up someone is placed. I really believe Gorges would be a good partner for Markov, I'm not going to presume the team won't do anything next year because they have Gorges in their top pairing. The habs have the potential for 3 very solid pairings (4 actually) and I'm quite content with that.
Exactly. What # defenseman you are is simply a label. A #1 D who makes those around him better can play as a perfect top pairing with a #4 or even #5 d given they have good chemistry.

I really think we may see Markov-Gorges and a re-visting of Gill-Subban, maybe Gill-Gorges at some point too. Really depends on how guys like Emelin, Weber and maybe even Diaz play.

A lot of people don't like the situation on D and I can't say I blame them but the fact that they haven't signed anyone else at least leads me to believe the org has a certain amount of faith in those three players. When you look at it from a perspective of all three or two out of three of those players panning out and reaching their potential, it would not make sense to not play them over a vet like Spacek if they take the spot.

Pretending all three of them make it and maybe Weber turns up the juice this year just for fun down the road as early as even this year it could turn out being:

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Gill-Weber
Diaz, Spacek(dealt?)

Not counting injuries so very well could be 8 fairly good pairings. Plus we actually have many different pairings to work with if that's the case. It really boils down to who is ready between Diaz and Emelin because personally I think Weber is going to be solid.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote