View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I think Richards will make the difference in NY, and the Sabres are ready to make the leap forward.
But why would Richards make the difference? NYR are counting on more youngsters than us. If we're full of questions, so are they. Why wouldn't Markov, Gorges and Cole make the difference?
Sabres have suffered their share of injuries as well over the years, they're no different than us in that aspect.
You can say you have a gut feeling they'll finish ahead, but really there's no reason to believe they have a better team than us, especially not on paper. Maybe the Sabres in terms of defense, but it's tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I look at the NHL right now as a bunch of 'average' teams, with a few top tier clubs. I see a big log jam from 4-8 in both divisions, and then the usual suspects missing the playoffs.
Won't argue against that. I actually think only Washington is in a league of their own. All the rest of good teams imo could finish from 2nd-16th. Then there's the bottom teams that can finish any position outside POs.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote