Thread: Tidbits: Analyzing 2012 and Beyond
View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
By the way, who is expected to be the 4th line center next season? Powe, Gillies? I really don't know.
Well Nystrom and Powe both have limited experience at center, but by all indications they are better suited to the wing. Gillies has been developed exclusively at left wing so he's going to play there.

Cody Almond is my personal odds on favorite to be our 4th line center. Mike Yeo is very aware of Almond's game, and used him in all situations in Houston last year, as his go-to forward. I would agree he did not look very good in his brief stint with the Wild last season, but I'd argue Richards never gave him an defined role in a pressure filled situation.

Other guys who could be in the mix are Warren Peters, simply because of his face-offs, though he's valuable for the Aeros for leadership. Carson McMillan and David McIntyre both also play simple games and understand center responsibilities. Casey Wellman(and to a lesser extent, Rau) is not really an ideal fit for a 4th line center role so I don't think he would be in consideration.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote