View Single Post
Old
08-13-2011, 05:35 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Sting, you'd really rather have Tinordi over McIlrath?
Easily. I believe very strongly that mental preparation and strong fundamentals are the key for success, and I also firmly believe that in most cases, players who don't have that by the time they are drafted are not very likely to get there. It's something that needs to already be there.

Tinordi is less athletic and dynamic, but he's smarter and has a much stronger understanding of how to play defense. He's more than just flashy big hits. He's much better when it comes to little defensive plays, the likes of which need to be handled far more often than situations that end with big hit opportunities. Big Mac has a long way to go. He is an inefficient player, and that's the least desirable quality any player can have. The Scott Gomezs, the Olli Jokinens, the Dion Phaneufs...these are the players around the league who have a lot of talent but don't play the game efficiently, and are players I don't want to see the Rangers adding. Guys who frustrate their coach's and make a lot of mistakes. If McIlrath makes it, great. He'll have beat the odds. But I prefer drafting players for whom the odds are more favorable.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote