RD Matt Dumba - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2012, 7th overall, Minnesota)
View Single Post
08-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Originally Posted by
Well consider this I guess;
1. He is the Captain of Team Canada U18
2. He was part of a defence corps that only let in 6 goals(+ 1 empty net) in 6 games(1 exhibition) against the best U18 national teams from around the world.
3. +23 as a 16 yr old in the WHL
4. 15 goals as a 16 yr old D-man in the WHL
5. Led the U17 in scoring last Xmas as a D-man, in a tourney that included Trouba and Jones.
6. Is as physical as they come, hi-lite reel hits and is a very very capable fighter.
I would guess the only concern would be;
1. Might be a bit small at only 6'0 but is built solid.
The concern I (and others) have had with him are in regards to his play away from the puck.
Sure, everybody likes a dynamic offensive player that hits like a truck, but he still needs to round out his game. It will happen, I'm sure, but he still over commits himself all over the ice on a frequent basis trying to lay huge hits.
If he can develop that side of his game, without losing his physicality, we could have an extremely good young player on our hands here.
View Public Profile
Renegade Stylings's albums
Find More Posts by Renegade Stylings