View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Why? Partly because the guy is coming off 2 significant injuries to his hand and back. The other reason is because of his abrasive personality. Meltzer said he was the most divisive guy in the dressing room so I think it's better to keep him as an alternate.
I can't recall what Meltzer said but would personally think that any divisiveness would stem from the direction of leadership... if the room was split due to Pronger it IMO would most likely be through wrestling for power -- I see Pronger's abrasiveness to be mostly sarcasm and playful... with at times his points being made but rarely through anger. That said, like anybody else I could see his being surly and curt when caught at a time of pain and disappointment.

If I'm correct about the division in the room stemming from leadership battles I wouldn't want another player wearing the 'C' and be the official leader if Pronger were to be the 'real' leader in the room... as I believe he was the last couple seasons... Pronger was brought in to lead the Flyers to the Cup, as I see it, and now that the 'C' is vacant it only makes sense to give it to him and have Kimmo and Briere as assistants with Giroux waiting in the wings and getting an 'A' when a captain is injured or suspended.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 08-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote