View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Hank Scorpio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I doubt Weber becomes trade fodder if he breaks out, if anything we need as many solid offensive defenseman as possible going forward. Markov is not getting any younger and his health is of relative concern to the majority of the fanbase and I'm sure management has some small concerns as well.

He might become expendable if Emelin breaks out offensively, but I'm totally unsure what to expect from him. I think Weber's progression is going to be very interesting to follow, and he's one player I am going to watch very closely next season.
I think his value to the team depends on his willingness to accept the roles he is assigned on the team as he can be a huge asset if he is willing to play forward this season (as well as defence). Weber can fill a bottom pairing role (possibly more) on Defence this season, be used on a checking line (or fill in on D should someone falter), effectively replace Pyatt on the PK, and man the point on the power play.

For these reasons, I don't see him as expendable, regardless of the development of other players with the exception of maybe Diaz, unless he is unwilling to play forward. The only defenceman at risk of being expendable by the deadline this season, in my opinion, is Spacek who is very likely done with this team after this season anyway.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote