View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
These kids are much too young and many good too great players have been taken later in the first round or in the draft so instead of predicting how good/bad these kids will become, I'll wait and see what happens before whipping out the Likert Scale. Main thing is, at least the organization has made a commitment (or so it seems) to building a team through the draft and picking up good young talent (like McDonagh, Zuccarello, etc).

I don't think anyone stands out that much (as opposed to teams who have been losing year after year and drafting high) but there's certainly a lot of depth which is great because it raises the odds that you'll find a diamond in the rough.

Obviously some picks appear more promising than others, but time and again history has shown that it pays to finish near the bottom of the league (unless you're Detroit) if you want to win the Cup.

The Rangers still rely heavily on free agency while filling in the remainder of the lineup with young talent. Depth has already rewarded them in the sense that Lundqvist and Staal have become stars in this league. Good news is, I think there's more too come. I give a lot of credit to the scouting staff and Sather's willingness to not trade the kids for vets looking to cash in and stroll through the remainder of their career's.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote