View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Same here and I hope they don't trade him. Only excuse for trading him would be landing a player who would make us a strong contender. One Stanley Cup is the only way I see him being expendable and they'd have to be really confident in our team to make that move.

I could see him being our next Streit, they don't play exactly the same game I actually think Weber could be better defensively and more creative offensively. I think for a straight up shot from the point Streit will likely be better but he's the type of player I could see Markov finding on the right side pretty easily. Markov is a very gifted passer and from what I saw in those two playoff goals the one thing Weber did absolutely right was get in the right place. He showed some very good IQ on those two plays.

Now obviously youtube can make any rookie appear to be Gretzky so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Hopefully it is just the beginning though. And one point about Weber's development I'd like to make is having Markov and Subban to show him the ropes is incredible. Markov because he's a veteran two-way D in the league. Subban because he's gotten to where Weber wants to be. I think we have a very solid group of vets and youth this year and it will make for some great success. I'm surprised this year of all years THN etc are underrating us. Have they not learned their lesson about us by now? We're the wild card in the East.
Agreed, the habs could be a very dominant team next year. Nobody seems to be talking about it, it's quite odd.

Weber has great offensive instincts and to me when he plays on defence he doesn't usually look out of place. Him and Spacek played very well for stretches last year. It will be very interesting to see who gets the 6th spot out of camp.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote