View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
I think the thing that bugs me most is that the FO can't seem to use the momentum of the playoffs and all those warm fuzzies and parlay it through the summer. We had the entire city interested in the team in May and June and then, as far as anyone can tell, DP does squat, screws up the RFA's and only signs Shea for another year. We know there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, but to the casual fans and the hockey world in general it says everything accomplished last year was probably a fluke. It's so frustrating. I can see yearly improvement since the fire sale, and no doubt there probably will be some this year too, but why even appear to go backwards?

If DP had taken the momentum and signed some hotshot on July 1, price be damned, it is my opinion that the SW deal would have been quickly finalized, the buzz would continue and we'd go into the fall with the kind of marketing momentum that money can't buy. Any extra millions spent on a player would have been absorbed by extra ticket sales and new corporate spending.

Gah, why didn't they consult me in June?

And here we were looking so good to the Atlanta fans. Now they'll go with the Canes instead.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote