View Single Post
Old
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor3 View Post
Yeah, it honestly depends on where you are. To give an example, where I live, for Midget, house league was 1-2 games per week, no practices. A and B rep teams practiced once a week and played 2-3 games every second week or so. AAA Major played 2-3 games every weekend, while AAA Minor plays two tournaments of 4-5 games each and that's it, afterwards you go back to your local A team. (AAA teams were picked regionally, local teams are A, B, C and D).

Generally, you have to decide where you want to play, how much work you want to put in and what you want out of it in the end. I played B, house league and high school hockey all in my last year. B, because that's where my friends were and I turned down a spot on A, house league because everyone who registers is automatically put in it, and high school because I wanted to.

I expect many will be suprised to hear that AAA players skate in the same house league as guys who get cut from B or C local teams. But that's our system, and its different in each province/state.
Thats how it is for soccer where I live. about 10 years ago hockey was like that, but then rep had about 3-4 practices/1 day off-ice conditioning a week so they changed how it worked.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote