View Single Post
Old
08-15-2011, 01:03 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Being bigger definitely does give him an edge. He can pretty much use his size to muscle players off pucks and work behind the net.
Callahan is just as good as a 'below the goal-line' player as Lucic. He's a more efficient forechecker because he's a much better skater, and a much smarter player than Lucic. He can read plays like not many other 2nd line forwards can, Lucic not being one of them.

Quote:
He scored 2 goals in game 7 vs. Philadelphia last year and scored the tying goal vs. Carolina in the previous year's game 7.
And they lost both of those games.

Quote:
Wow this post is just wrong. Milan Lucic, they player who scored more points than Callahan last year and has a higher career PPG isn't in the same caliber as Ryan Callahan?
Nope.

Callahan had 48 points in 60 games.

Lucic had 62 in 82.

Yeah, I know that we're just dealing with pace here, but when Callahan played, his statistics were essentially even with Lucic's. Also, points aren't everything.

Quote:
Lucic has better P/60 mins
I don't see the significance in this when they had a relatively even PPG.

Quote:
+ has a better GA/60 mins than Callahan.
That doesn't really symbolize anything, either. It just shows that Lucic was on a better defensive team.

Quote:
Lucic is being underrated defensively, he's not as good as Callahan but it's not like he's a liability.
Callahan is one of the best defensive forwards in the league.

They don't even compare in that facet. Lucic gets 0 pking time because he's a horrendous skater that cannot keep up in the defensive zone.

Quote:
Lucic creates more offense, scores more goals in less playing time.
Lucic creates offense with his size and strength down low, but aside from that, he is not as smart as Callahan, and that goes a long way in making a player more effective.

Quote:
Lucic is dominat on the cycle game, an ideal winger for Brad Richards and was one of the main reasons the Krejci line had a lot of success.
Is Callahan not an above-average board player?

Also, I would say that Krejci's play benefited Lucic more sore than Lucic benefited Krejci. Not vice-versa

Quote:
Goals are goals. Lucic was on the ice to seal game winners at the end of close games. As was Dubinsky with the Rangers, no need to discredit a player for it.
I am going to discredit players for it, because an empty net goal is essentially the definition of stat padding. It shows that Lucic's goal scoring prowess is significantly overstated. I say the same thing for Dubinsky, really.