View Single Post
Old
08-15-2011, 01:29 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
This sir, is ridiculous. When asked (for the most part) Which of the swedish stars is going to be the best, and the first reply is "Brodin, Book it" with no explanation of why, it seems like major homerism. And yes, those short "my player wins" type posts do lose some sort of credentials in peoples eyes. Now you are insulting a poster, and frankly it does make you look petty, especially when it was explained later in the thread. As well draft position argument is pretty weak, Subban was picked in the second round, he is not second round talent. Different scouting teams have different perspectives and such, where St.Louis might have gotten a player in their top 10 at the 16 spot. meaning any comparison is frankly useless.

Anyway off of Potential:

Rundblad
OEL
Larrson
-----
Brodin
Karlsson
Klefbom
----
Hedman
Erixon

Off of most likely to hit potential

Hedman
Karlsson
----
Larrson
OEL
Brodin
Erixon
Klefbom
----
Rundblad

Mixture

OEL
Larsson
Karlsson
---
Brodin
Hedman
---
Rundblad
Erixon
Klefbom
First of all, i don't have favourite team in NHL, i cheer for the underdogs like nashville, blues. I don't have favourite team in sweden aswell, i'm from finland but i can watch SEL games via TV. 0 homerism here. Brodin has unique hockey sense, he keeps his head up most of the time with the puck, similar to Nicklas Lidström, Gives excellent and fast first passes which help to get out of the own zone to the offensive zone. Very good defensively, haven't proved much offensively because he didn't have chance to play at his senior club. Excellent skater. Needs to bulk up and his shot have to get better. Most of these other young swedish defensemen are more NHL-ready but i think that Brodin is the most talented one.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote