View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Why would more on a fourth line...

be insane? I understand everybody wants to see him in some typs of meaningful offensive role, or nothing, but 8-10 minutes per night of NHL experience is better than 16-18 minutes of any AHL experience. The fourth liners you're playing with in the NHL are not too bad. The defensemen you're playing with are not too bad. The competition, even as a fourth liner, is tougher than the AHL. Yor work ethic, even on the fourth line, needs to be very high. Heck, Jagr first played on a fourth line, albeit as a 19 year old, but I don't think his growth was stunted. And playing between Barnaby and Simon would give Moore some space to be creative..furhter he'd be playing with two guys who have scored more than 15 goals in the NHL (more than any of his AHL linemates have).

So I don't see how it hurts him. I do believe Rheaume would do a better job in this role than Moore, but at what point does a prospect get a chance in this organization? Unfortunately the Rangers are already in the 'we cannot afford a loss' mode and have to take the easy way out. This team's so friggin' fragile it ain't funny.

And forget about Moore..there's also Keefe. And again, I do believe Rheume would do a better job than Keefe in this role, but again, when does an under 24 year old deserve a chance? What would a Keefe have to do to deserve a shot? He's probably as baffled as I am.