View Single Post
Old
08-15-2011, 07:03 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I would definitely listen to anyone claiming that St. Croix is better than his draftposition indicate.

But facts are that anyone and everyone knew everything there is to know about this kid, and everyone and anyone passed on this kid for a bunch of rounds, Gordie Clark included.

From the little I've seen of St. Croix, I honestly do not get why everyone passed on him for so long. His top end ability is great and what not. But I've seen very little of him, and its not that hard to guess the number of problems scouts had with him (small, not a great engine, ultra offensiveminded). Its tough to get to the NHL, the game is becoming more about playing good hockey all over the ice as opposed just in the top end, like a player like LeCavalier who is great in the offensive zone but only avg in the neutral zone is not a top 5-10 player in the game anymore while he really should be in his prime now. St. Croix is no Lecavalier.

But with that siad, a bunch of scouts passed on Marc Savard too... I certainly think its going to be interesting to follow him this upcoming season. And when it comes to the ranking, truth to be told, I doubt he had seen much of these kids.
I seem to like disagreeing with you ola! Vinnie is still a force to be reckoned with. Nagging injuries have hampered him the last 2 years, but when it counts, you can bet he is still the go to guy. TB's success in the playoffs wasn't due to Stamkos. Vinnie scored 19 points in 18 playoff games.

Savard will accidentally get bumped by his own teamate in camp causing him to miss the entire season due to his never ending concussions. Sorry.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote