View Single Post
Old
08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
1) not everything out of the box is worth thinking about.

2) How many regular season games have the Tribe, Cavs, and Browns played in Columbus? Yet they have huge fan bases here. It takes time. We want Cleveland money coming here, not sitting at home waiting to have the game delivered to their doorstep.

There are too many people around the league who wonder why the team is not in Cleveland, anyway. Part of the import of NHL in Columbus is to help differentiate us from Cleveland and establish Columbus as a major league city on it's own. Splitting the regular season with them, no matter how few dates they're given, defeats that purpose.

You're just hoping this is the first step toward the CBJ opening the season in the Islands!
Great point. If the CBJ are moving 4 games to the Q, why would anyone in Cleveland make the road-trip to the Nat to see the Jackets. Just wait to see the games right around the corner. You could even extend that 50 miles or so out from Cleveland. A whole lot of folks that make the trip to the Nat, might go to the Q instead to spend their money.

If the Browns were to play a game at the Shoe, I would not go to Cleveland to watch them play.

Throw our AAA affiliate into Cleveland or Cinci, and move a few pre-season games to both cities, but no way I want regular season games moved.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote