View Single Post
Old
08-15-2011, 05:51 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Kopitar on the wing would be such a waste.

You dont waste selke candidates in Kopitar and Richards by playing them in a less important position.

If Loki performs well, i dont see why he cant centre Stoll and Clifford as a 3rd line, then he also sees pp time. It worked with Logan Couture (although he was eventually moved to 2nd line and Pavelski played 3rd)

With 2 shut down top lines, we dont need a defence only 3rd
My reasoning for ever letting Kopi play wing would be that he has proven he CAN score, we still need a scoring winger according to everyone, Lokti is better at center, Kopi can still take the down low assignment, and Lokti could be a great setup guy for Kopi. Look I totally get what you're saying about not moving Kopi. It's just an idea.

My thing with Lokti being a 3rd liner is that he's a natural playmaker. You want to put your players in the best position to thrive. With that being said, Lokti needs to play with people who have a good scoring touch and can bury chances when he dishes them out. As of this very moment, I'm not sold Clifford could do that nor could anyone else that is expected to round out the bottom 6. But that's just me and I know a lot of people will see it differently.