View Single Post
Old
08-16-2011, 04:13 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm as disappointed as everyone that Weber only got signed for one more year. But the more I think about it, maybe it's good. Maybe it forces DP to actually go seek out and get that piece (or pieces) that turns us from the "little franchise that could", into an actual true, year after year, contender. We started to have that 5 years ago, but then we had a sale that really set us back about 5 years. By all accounts we won't face that problem again (pray for never ever again). Back then we signed Arnott, Kariya, Dumont, traded for Sullivan, traded for Forsberg. We had the offense, but then Kariya, Radulov left and Dumont, Sullivan, Arnott all got injured and got older. Now our team is really built back up and we have our first real homegrown superstar in Shea Weber (plus Suter and Rinne) but we lack a threatening offense. And we all know what kind of driven player/person he is. He wants to win a Cup. And he knows he is going to get paid wherever he goes, so unless he is only about the money, why would he want to play here if we are never going to get the pieces to really compete for the Cup? Sure we might get lucky and have everything line up just perfectly, but chances are we won't win a Cup without some real scoring threats, not just one guy that gets 23 goals, once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Before they had my heart, freely given, win or lose........and now, well, prove you're deserving of our heart, boys....
Isn't that basically what Weber is saying? I want to be here, but prove that I can win a Cup here.

--

I could watch that game 6 over and over and over. It was so awesome. But so sad that it was our last home win of the season (although maybe that's a pretty good high to end on). I really loved everything they were saying about the building and fans. I love the crowd mics on TSN, you could feel the crowd through the TV. I wish FSN would get better or louder ones. I think Cuthbert and McGuire were really pulling for the Preds to get it done! It was just such an awesome night.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote