Thread: Scott Hannan
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2011, 11:41 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
You do realize that if homer hadn't signed Leighton after the cup run, the media would've tripped balls.
If Holmgren had signed someone to replace (ie, upgrade), the media would probably have been okay with it. Besides, Holmgren shouldn't be GMing to appease the masses, especially the press who have generally shown only a marginal notion of what is a good move for this team.

Quote:
Shelley (a signing I never liked) is just riley cote 2.0, and the coaches all love him b/c he's a good lockerroom presence. If we ever need cap space, we will waive him.
Though Shelley is a better fighter than Cote, the terms are still ridiculous.

Quote:
Lilja hasn't played a game with us. He's going to be o'donnell 2.0 for us.
I don't think Lilja will be O'Donnell 1.0. Plus he's signed for more cash and more years. There was no reason to leap on Lilja.

Quote:
Homer would rather have a veteran on the 6th spot over gus when the playoffs come...I can't disagree with that.

Why don't you give him a chance in our system before you say its a terrible signing?
It's a long season, so let's not do any chicken-counting. Plus, considering the youth movement this team has just taken on forward, what is the need to bring in a 35+ player, whose skills aren't exactly superior, over a couple of legitimate rookie, low-cost options?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote