08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
No Flyer EVER played with as much passion

too bad some of you young guys never saw him
And to see him play and develop year after year is beyond words... He may not have had a great game every game, but I've never seen him not have a great effort every time he skated out on the ice... I've seen him 'will' wins, and some of them great wins like the SCF OT win in Game Two in Boston Gardens... I've seen him score from his knees, from his ass and with big players draped all over his small frame. He made twenty goal scorers feeding goons -- no offense, Schultzie... you did have talent -- He took an expansion club in a city basically new to the sport and made that city fall in love with a rag-tag yet talented team that he captained to not one, but two Stanley Cups in their 7th and 8th years of existence... and almost a third... and all this while being a diabetic. He was an inspiration to a generation.

He then also took his gut determination off the ice at a young age to go to the front office and become a great General Manager.

He is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame and truly one of the all time NHL greats... and to me without a question the greatest Flyer ever... and that may never change.

Happy birthday, Mr. Robert Earl Clark... Mr. Philadelphia Flyers.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote