View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 06:39 AM
Disco Volante

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Why would it be unjustified to boo Czerk. We payed him a bunch of money (what about $1 mil per goal) to come here and perfrom for us and he never. He was given every opportunity to do well but played like s*** the whole time he was here. Now it's like he's gone back to the team that he really likes and plays hard for them?

If I were there, I'd boo him until my throat was coarse.
Like you probably booed Beezer or Malakhov or Valeri Bure. Good for you. Bad for Habs fans' image.

Czerkawski has been treated like crap by this organisation and its fan base. Got benched, sent to minors, never got a steady line for him to adjust to. He wasn't given all the opporunities to do well, he got singled out because he didn't backcheck or commit himself in his own end.

he's gone back to the team that he really likes and plays hard for them

Yeah. After they traded him for a third line grinder, he must have loved them for that. But they give him Yashin. They know about his subpar play defensively and they try to cover up for that, while still giving him the tools to shine offensively. You really think it's because he didn't like the Habs? that he prefered being benched and playing in the minors, which could have jeopardize his career? If so, boo the mother****er, but don't complain if I think you're a little weak in the upper parts.