View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccas View Post
I started skating probably about a year and a half ago and actually started playing hockey almost a year ago.
In my old club most of the guys playing were pretty limited skating wise, a few of them could barely stop and couldn't skate backwards so I was fortunate that even after a short time learning I was never the worst out there and was actually one of the quickest.
What I will say is work hard on getting things working both ways (I.e Stopping Left & Right, Crossovers Left & Right) as it is something I have never really been able to put the time into and it has really affected my playing
I forgot to mention one thing, I spend quite a bit of time in Shanghai/Taipei right now, so there's not a lot of hockey players to start with. While there probably aren't any rec leagues here that can compete with the rec leagues in North America, I don't think there are any beginner level leagues either. It's probably all around intermediate level... Unless of course they let me play pee-wee hockey with the 12 year olds, then I'd have to put some work into my skating before I make that jump.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote