View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Brave Sir Robin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I really think the offense is better off with Backstrom and ovechkin split up. Johansson was our best player in the playoffs and watching those games you could see that his speed created time and space, which helps OV. I think he will have a great year. Also I think eakin will make the team out of camp and form a great 3rd line with ward and Laich. Speed, grit, and tenacity. That line would be awesome. Also I like him in that spot instead of chimera because we need someone that can finish and create some offense, and eakin can do that. Please post your guys combos / projections and/or comment on mine. Thanks
You might think that our offense is better with 8 and 19 split up because the top line wasn't working last season, and both players struggled. However, if it starts to gel again, there is no way you split them up. Mojo is not 1C material and is not ready for 1st line minutes. Not to mention that Ovi - Mojo line would be defensively horrible.

Eakin will not make the team since we have enough top 9 forwards. If anyone makes the team out of camp it's Sjogren, because he can play 4th line.

Another misconception you seem to have is that Mojo was our best player these playoffs. This is absurd. Our best player was Ovi. Johansson was great vs the Rangers, but he had just 2A in 4 games vs Tampa with a +/- of -5. That's worse than for example Semin, who by popular belief "disappeared".

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote