View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 08:28 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Here's a newsflash for you, your not the head coach, Jaques Martin is. Moen was good enough in Martin's eyes to play in the top 6 last year. Do you honestly think Martin is going to keep a DD-Eller-Kostitsyn line together? I bet Moen gets 3rd line time at least 50% of the next year.

The reason I commented about 50 is because the first line that you quoted said he would get 50.

Its also possible that DD plays center because thats what he's played his entire career so for you to assume that he's going to be guaranteed to play wing is also a mistake. HF posters making lineups doesn't translate to reality, just because we all love AK-Eller-DD doesn't mean its going to happen all the time.
Exactly. I think everyone wants this:

Cammy-Plek-Cole
Pacio-Gomez-Gio
DD-Eller-Kosty
Moen-White-Darche

Or at least something close to that. What I could see Martin doing:

Cammy-Plek-Cole
Pacio-Gomez-Gio
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
DD-White-Darche

Not sure why DD is suited for a 4th line role but I don't doubt we'll see him playing on White's wing and taking draws a lot of the time either way.

In JM's defense though that 3rd line would be good even if Moen isn't the greatest offensively. That line would have people looking over their shoulder. Not because any of these guys are dirty but because they're all big and if they hit you it's going to hurt especially freight train Andrei.

I just hope Andrei has a good year on that line and realizes "3rd line" is an arbitrary number on this squad, if you play well even on the 4th line you'll get good minutes and PP time. JM isn't trying to punish Andrei he's trying to have a balanced and effective top 9. If Andrei wants 1st line minutes we'll trade him to Florida where he can be their star player.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote