Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers Top 20 Prospects, #12
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 11:21 AM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I liked our entire crop this year (save Mathers). I think it has the potential to be one our best in a long time. I realize that P.P is a big risk but I love his potential and the fact we have so long to make a decision on him. Noebels already showed enough to be signed. Cousins had decent numbers for an 18 year old and from what everyone is saying has some bite to his game. Sullentrop apparently really developed this year, and of course our first rounder has some huge expectations on him. Mathers will never see the NHL (my opinion of course) but he'll beat the snot out of people wherever he plays. I like the overall size and potential of this years group of picks.

If I think back to just "excitement" after the drafts, I'd rank the 03 and 90 drafts as the most excited I've ever been, followed by 00,98,93 and 91. Of course not even 1/3 of the guys I was excited about became NHLers but I remember thinking we had really bolstered our troops after those years.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 of this group became NHL regulars which I wouldn't have said last year or the year previous.
I think Mathers has a chance to make the NHL, mainly because he's a Jody Shelley replacement.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote