View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

vCash: 500
As for keys to victories for the Dragons over the Express, here are a couple:

1) Balanced Lines- Each of my 4 lines can score points. I have one of the top 5 offensive players in this draft in Pierre Larouche on my 1st line. Hampson is a good playmaker and Boll has the speed to keep up with him. On my 2nd line Mckegney was always a dependable goal scorer. Khlyskov can feed him the puck and Flett's grit should help. The 3rd line is largely defensive but both Burr and Larochelle are guys who can score goals in a dependable manner. My 4th line has Nylander who may be one of the better playmakers in this draft, he's paired with Jason Pominville and John Marks who can score goals as well. Each of my 4 lines has players who can play offense and defense.

2) Defense- Much like my offense by defensive pairings are balanced between scoring guys and defensive guys. Galley was one of the better offensive guys in this. As I said I considered myself lucky to get both Brad Marsh and Arnie Brown. Both guys should be able to shut down the Express' offense. Hannan is a guy I'm glad I got. Solid defensive exploits for a guy I consider my shutdown defenseman. Sidorenkov and Reise should be able to help Galley in scoring goals from the back end for my team.

3) Goaltending- Bouchard, as has been said, was one of the top 3 goalies in this draft. Yes his playoff record is nothing stellar but the teams he played on where terrible teams. I expect Bouchard to be just fine here and help me to win this series.

Good luck to my opponents, looking forward to your comments.

And to my comments on Jim Riley. I take them back, The PCHA was a good league but it's just the NHL is the cream of the crop when it comes to pro hockey.