08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylander

Quote:
The following season the Washington Capitals faced salary cap restraints. Looking for move salary, they attempted to trade Michael Nylander, but found no suitors for his near $5,000,000 salary. The Washington Capitals first loaned Nylander to the Detroit Red Wings organization (who then assigned him to the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League) and then later loaned Nylander to Jokerit of SM-liiga where he finished the 2009-10 hockey season. For the 2010-11 season, Nylander is playing in the Florida Panthers organization's AHL affilite in Rochester as they fill a hole at center. His NHL rights remain owned by the Capitals through the end of the season.

On October 23, 2010, Nylander was seriously injured when he was hit from behind by Brendan Smith during the second period of a game between Rochester and the Grand Rapids Griffins.[2] He underwent successful spinal fusion surgery on October 26, 2010 at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY and doctors have said that he should be cleared to play again after 6 months of recovery.[3][4]
That sounds pretty bad. He's going to be 39 in early October as well. I'd rather not sign him, but I really don't see him making the team anyways.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 08-17-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote