Thread: Player Discussion: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 03:40 PM
goalscorer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Seriously, WTF is with this "OMFG MUST BLAME SOMEBODY" thing?
When someone does something wrong they're going to recieve blame. If you we're potentially going to lose Rick Nash, I think you'd be out for someone's head too.

Poile has always bragged about how talented our scouts are and how good our development system is, yet we have yet to develop and retain a star forward. We continually draft, trade and sign the same mold of player and never really seem to make any real splash when it comes to addressing our offensive needs.

Our system has drafted and developed arguably two of the league's best defensmen and we finally have a young, talented captain to lead our team to the next level and we could lose it all because... "I want to stay in Nashville, but I want to win; I want to win a Cup and I want the team to get better; I just need to see how things go."

What things could he possibly be waiting for? How about some scoring help, a better powerplay, a GM who isn't going to stick with only bringing in projects or veterans past their prime. Again I feel like if Poile had addressed the one need the fan base and Shea Weber felt needed to be addressed we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Our franchise overcomes the Leopold fiasco and finally reaches the second round of the playoffs yet, in less than a year we could be back into complete rebuild mode and be playing golf in the offseason with your Blue jackets.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote