Pacio-Gomez-Gio
DD-Eller-Kosty
Moen-White-Darche

Or at least something close to that. What I could see Martin doing:

Cammy-Plek-Cole
Pacio-Gomez-Gio
Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn
DD-White-Darche

Not sure why DD is suited for a 4th line role but I don't doubt we'll see him playing on White's wing and taking draws a lot of the time either way.

In JM's defense though that 3rd line would be good even if Moen isn't the greatest offensively. That line would have people looking over their shoulder. Not because any of these guys are dirty but because they're all big and if they hit you it's going to hurt especially freight train Andrei.

I just hope Andrei has a good year on that line and realizes "3rd line" is an arbitrary number on this squad, if you play well even on the 4th line you'll get good minutes and PP time. JM isn't trying to punish Andrei he's trying to have a balanced and effective top 9. If Andrei wants 1st line minutes we'll trade him to Florida where he can be their star player.
DD would center that 4th line not White. Of the two Desharnais is much more suited to play in the middle. White can play center but his skill set fits in better as a RW in the NHL.

The big advantage of Desharnais on the 4th line is how he generally will outplay the 4th liners he'd be playing against leading to a good amount of supplementary offense.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote