Thread: News Article: Uncle Stan spoke with Torts
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
The pandering as you stated of course is in most part is because of the MSG culture. You are dead on about that.

But the fact the Rangers are rarely talked about in depth during games such as players backgrounds, tendencies, minor league and prospect talk is horrible.

For example last year the only interesting fact last year out from a MSG telecast is that I found out Brian Boyle likes Doritos.

Year after Year we are treated to lauding of every opposing team the Rangers play no matter how dismal they are.

For Example : The Islander's haven't won in 20 games but the coaches are pleased with their offense and competitiveness. Josh Bailey has become a real player for this team.

The ranger broadcast team is just an extension of both teams public relations departments. They deliver no insight and frankly Sam cant keep up with the pace of the game anymore. he barely can call the last last pass before a goal is scored.

Another pet peeve is that you will never hear about a Rangers players pre-pro career unless he has played at a U.S college. because frankly they don't do their homework and probably have never watched an ohl/whl game.

The Staal vs.Staal theme has run out of gas and they continue to make it a feature every time Marc suits up against one of his brothers.

These guys mail it in every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The pandering isnt the fault of the broadcast team, but moreso the insidious culture at MSG. Marv Albert got fired for criticizing the Knicks - what else do you need to know?

If I had a nice job calling hockey for a living, I wouldnt do/say anything to jeopardize that.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote