View Single Post
Old
10-23-2003, 07:50 AM
blueberry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill pickles
Well I'd first like to say that you're missing the connection between sending Traverse and Dykhuis down and the consistently good play of the Habs this season. They weren't giving it their all, and it obviously sent a message to the rest of the Habs.

In terms of ability, Bouillion is slightly better than Traverse but much tougher and has twice the heart. He may be small but he's a tough bugger, which is what we've been lacking on the blueline. Makes perfect sense to me.

The Habs' forwards have been playing tougher as Juneau, Dacks and Sundstrom should be aware they could lose their spots to the afformentioned Begin and Langdon.

Why Langdon? Why not? He's the toughest inforcer we've had in years. As for Begin, never watched him play, though he seems to inject some much needed energy and scored the other night to boot.

In short, I'm fine with going through waiver wire players and recycling 4th liners. We've had pretty good success acquiring guys making less than $2 mil(Gilmore, Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom, Kilger, Dwyer etc. have all made great contributions). Let's not forget the massive amount of injuries the Habs incurred about 3 seasons ago! Better to pick someone up for free than to trade for a lazy star.

Edit: As for Higgins' icetime, he's never actually played in the AHL...so it would be a benefit for him to see 20 mins a game. He'd surely pick up a lot of experience on Svitov's wing!
They've all made "great" contributions?????