vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
PP2

Tanti-Backstrom-Johnson
Smith-Dorey

vs.

Lukowich-Jackson-Babych
Evans-Young

Tanti is better than Lukowich offensively, and Backstrom is better than Jackson offensively, I have no doubt about either of those. A look at Babych and Johnson is closer. Babych has the best season among either of them with that one great goalscoring season. But, let's look at their 5 best seasons in terms of points in percentages:

Johnson: 57, 69, 44, 47, 42(total 259)
Babych: 40, 48, 49, 71, 30(total 238)

Johnson gets the edge here. But, we have to take into account that Babych was somewhat injury prone and always seemed to miss some games. Babych scored at a better per game clip, but Johnson has longevity on his side. In terms of who is more effective on a PP, it's quite close. Their offense appears about equal. Babych brings a bit of a power game, so that might tip things very slightly in his favor, but I'm not sure.

Either way, the forwards on the 2nd units are an advantage to Philadelphia.

Smith and Evans' careers overlap somewhat in the early 30s. Here's a look at their 7 best seasons in percentages:

Smith-76, 64, 53, 44, 43, 42, 39(total 361)
Evans-29, 26, 46, 42, 59, 72, 35(total 309)

Decisive advantage to Alex Smith there.

That takes us to Tim Young and Jim Dorey. It's unfair to use Young's forward numbers when comparing the two as PPQBs, so I don't see a real good way of doing this. I'm just going to not compare these two because I don't see a good way of doing it.

Overall, 2nd PP units are an advantage to Philadelphia. The forward matchups are an advantage overall to Philadelphia, and Smith is a better PPQB than Evans.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote