View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 01:26 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
Sadly there's not a lot of practice to be had here. There's only one sticktime session a week and it's packed with no room to do anything very useful.
It's usefull no matter how many people are out there. Pick a corner or little spot along the boards. You can get an intense workout in a very small space. I do some freestyle practice where I cut really sharp, stick-handle, cut again. Or try stops and starts with the puck in that tight area, imagining battling in the corner or cycling from the corner. I notice some of the younger kids fade out early and by the end of a session you may have more room.

One advantage to starting as an adult is having a mature mind and a certain consciousness that children do not have. I grew up playing my whole childhood, had a LONG hiatus, and have now returned to the game. I appreciate and think so much more about the game, I am sure I've surpassed what I was doing at 18. Some of us who played never thought twice about it or watched NHL games enough. As an adult I think you can advance much quicker than a child.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote