View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Chouinard was near as dynamic as Larouche when he played with the Flames? Havlat isn't as much a power forward, but a skilled forward with size who is physically capable and is very fast.

Also, the Dragons third line doesn't seem up to the task of shutting down our first line.

Shawn Burr was a mediocre power forward who wasn't anything special offensively, Crisp is a good 3rd line center but what does Larochelle bring to the line besides offense? for a line who's objective it is to eliminate the top lines potent scoring chances, they are a bit of a scattered line. Our third line includes three players who were relied upon to shut down the oppositions offensive firepower, including some proven chemistry with Kindrachuk and Saleski. The Dragons first line will run into a lot of trouble with this shut down unit, while the Express aren't subject to be overpowered by a much inferior third line.

The Dragons second line also comes with some flaws, Nik Khylstov is 5'5", he's never been able to hold his own, and with Bill Flett constantly having to take care of our players pestering the half-pint Russian, Tony McKegny will not get chances he desires. He's able to hold his own, but with a liability in Khylstov, the entire chemistry of the line is unbalanced because he will be subject to incessant physicality from our bottom lines and defense.

The Dragons fourth line adds a nice mix of offense and Jack Marks as a glue guy, but in the limited time that line will see, I don't see them as being overly effective. In our case we have Ted Irvine, a prototypical grinder. Christian Ruuttu, a two-way centre that can play very well offensively or defensively, and Vlastimil Bubnik, a dangerous offensive threat who occupies the spot on our second power play unit. (Bios located in my roster post in the assassination thread)

I've added my reasoning behind our first pairing being stronger than the Dragons.

The second pairings are more equal. I like Reise Sr. and Brown, and they both add a defensive element, we went with 2 two-way defenseman who can play at an equal caliber at both ends of the ice.

I'll add more tomorrow.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote