vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
PK1

Yelle-Kallur
Johnsson-Juzda

vs.

Fitzgerald-Murphy
Smith-White

Yelle and Fitzgerald are two of the strongest PKers in this draft. Let's look at their finishes since SH TOI/G was recorded:

Yelle: 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3
Fitzgerald: 2*, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 3, 6

*Behind Yelle

So, Yelle is clearly superior here. But, note that this doesn't count Fitzgerald's first half of his career. His first 4 years he didn't kill many penalties at all, but after that was probably one of the best PKers on his team. I'm not going to do the leg work for my opponent and do all that math to find out where he finishes. I think it's safe to conclude Yelle is better, considering Yelle is one of the best PKers in the draft.

Kallur is a better PKer than Murphy. Here is what I wrote earlier:

Quote:
In Murphy and Kallur, we have 2 of the strongest penalty killers in the draft. Both were noted shorthanded threats, each with 19 career shorthanded goals. But, Kallur did it in less than half as many games(383 compared to Murphy's 831), so Kallur is the better shorthanded threat, and might be the best shorthanded threat in this draft. Looking at who was a better PKer, I'd take Kallur as both the better shorthanded threat and defensive PKer. Murphy has no notable Selke finishes that I could find, whereas Kallur finished 7th and 10th(less than 10 points though). Kallur is better defensively.
Johnsson and Smith is probably an advantage to Smith, who was known as a defensive defenseman whereas Johnsson was more of a smart two-way guy. I think Juzda and Colin White is a definite advantage to Juzda, he can clear the crease like few can in this draft. I think of Juzda as White on steroids.

Overall, I'd say 1st unit PKs are an advantage to Philadelphia. Philadelphia's forwards are better in my opinion, and the defensemen are about even.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote