Old
08-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Residency now

And before I am misunderstood, take my comment for exactly what it is, a rebuttal to the comment that we were incapable to make a move.

We are not incapable. We are very capable. We have the assets and ability to add to this team. The question is, and has been for the past 2-3 years, are we willing to pay the price for the talent.

I didn't answer that question. I merely pointed out that we, moreso than just about any other team in this league, are ABLE to pay that price. Should we?

Well that is the question isn't it. When answering this type of question, I believe there is no black and white. There is a lot of gray. The availability of players is a continuum. Some weeks a player is available, some not, etc., etc. It takes a creative GM and one with his finger on the pulse of the league to acquire serious talent at unexpected times. I'm not so sure that Poile is a creative GM. Smart? Yes. Patient? Unquestionably. Creative? Not so much. So when I offer a critique on his off-season, it is with this history in mind. But this is all irrelevant to the discussion. Back to the original question and my answer. I think the answer, at this point, is a lot closer to yes than no. We need to make a move, a trade, a legitimate attempt to acquire an offensive threat, even if it is harmful in cost. At some point, I think the results, not the circumstances, have to be held against Poile. At this moment, I daresay he is bordering on the realm of missing a gigantic opportunity for this organization. He hasn't missed it yet, but if he does, those who hold that Poile is blameless and above major criticism due to the circumstances around our finances, will be kidding themselves IMO.
This is how i see it. Good post

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote