View Single Post
Old
08-18-2011, 02:59 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I wish I could respond to this, but apparently it is against forum rules.
question whether I've ever watched a hockey game, sure, but don't say many other people also question it without proof.

that's borderline libellous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
You don't think that it is obvious that coaches in general play the players they feel are best suited to the powerplay on the powerplay?
of course they do, but that's not what I'm arguing. There are definite outliers, the best of which are taken in the ATD, the worst of which we won't be selecting here, but here in the MLD, if you look at a defenseman's PP production it is very proportional to their PP time, with few exceptions. They all appeared to have about the same PP skill, generally. And that does make some sense, considering we're all taking the 1000th-1400th-best players here, which means they're bound to be similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
I really don't think it's particularly fair to extrapolate Berard's post-injury performance on his whole career. Sure he was horrible defensively in his later career - but he was also half blind.
That serves as an excuse for 2004 and 2006; however, he was not half blind in the 1998 season, and he was still 3rd in the league in ESGA/GP.

Quote:
You can't say with a straight face that having Lebda replace Lidstrom on Detroit's PP, with same icetime, would lead to no change in the PP's effectiveness.
You're talking about outliers on either side of the pack. I'm not saying that they are of similar effectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
.There is only one person who is pretending that it isn't true, but he's just posturing in an attempt to lay the groundwork for future arguments in favour of his team
Absolutely not. I actually plan to just accept the limitations of my players (something you absolutely refuse to do) and bank on the overall effectiveness of my defense corps (which includes their PP effectiveness as only one component, and a smaller one than ES and defensive ability) carrying me through.

Last edited by seventieslord: 08-18-2011 at 04:40 PM.
seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote